Appraisals By Michael provides real estate expert testimony for a full range of residential, commercial and industrial real estate. Our forensic appraisal services include court testimony and litigation support services. With over 15 years of experience Michael has performed appraisal services on numerous property types throughout the Atlanta geographical region including appraisals in Cherokee County, appraisals in Cobb County, appraisals in DeKalb County, appraisals in Forsyth County, appraisals in Fulton County, appraisals in Gwinnett County, appraisals in Henry County and appraisals in Rockdale County as your appraisal professional in Georgia. As a State Certified real estate appraisal consultant Michael holds the Association of Georgia Real Estate Appraisers (AGREA) AGREA-CR Designation which is the highest real estate appraiser designation an appraiser in Georgia can hold. Appraisals By Michael’s has the needed experience including numerous types of real estate and assignments including residential homes, luxury estate homes, multi-million dollar estates, ranches, landslide, easements, encroachments, construction defects, IRS tax matters, retrospective date of death, acreage parcels, commercial property, mixed use retail commercial, industrial, distribution warehouse, commercial office, gas stations, apartments, vacant land, mini-storage facilities, restaurants, office buildings, retail shopping centers, mixed use residential commercial real estate and numerous other types of special use real estate.
AppraisalsByMichael.com provides forensic appraisal services including prospective and retrospective real estate research support services for bank loan fraud, appraiser fraud, property disputes, real estate partnership dissolution, divorce, retrospective IRS 706 date of death valuations, mortgage & appraisal fraud, probate, arbitration and mediation. As a real estate expert our Michael has testified in Fulton County, DeKalb County, and Cobb County Superior Court, United States Bankruptcy Court, and before the Assessment Appeals Board of Fulton County, DeKalb County, and Cobb County.
Regarding Rule 702 and Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals Inc., 509 U.S. 579, 589, this court decision set a precedent placing an obligation on federal judges to determine that scientific testimony is relevant and reliable. The four criterion utilized are testability, peer review of theory or technique, potential error rate, and industry standards and general acceptability in the industry i.e. real estate. The case purportedly set new guide lines for testimony. However, in Kumho Tire Co. v. Carmichael (97-1709) 526 U.S. 137 (1999) 131 F.3d 1433, reversed, the Eleventh Circuit court held that the District Court erred in that Daubert was limited to a scientific context and did not apply to the expert testimony in this case, which it characterized as skill-or experience-based.
We believe all of our appraisal reports prepared by Appraisals By Michael meet or exceed the Uniform Standards of Appraisal Practice (USPAP) and generally recognized real estate industry standards, techniques and methodologies. In order to comply with guidelines set forth in Daubert, generally additional research is required to search out empirical data and peer review articles to further support an appraisal valuation opinion of the real estate involved. However, one must note that because an appraisal opinion is generally regarded in the real estate industry as an art and not a science, appraiser experience and skill level is also extremely important in expert court testimony.
Each Georgia real estate expert in appraisal must remain unbiased when testifying in a real estate matter. Therefore, we cannot be an advocate for either side, unless you hire us as a consultant and not as an appraiser. As a real estate consultant, we can consult with you and advise you about the relative strength of an appraisal presented by opposing parties. We can also perform additional real estate research and analysis to support or discredit assumptions or conclusions. If hired as an appraiser, we must remain unbiased and neutral. Some examples of issues acting as an expert appraiser or as a real estate consultant involving real estate assignments include:
- Bankruptcy appraisal expert testimony
- Stigma Damage appraisal expert testimony
- Marital Dissolution (Divorce) appraisal expert testimony
- Diminution in Value appraisal expert testimony
- Real Estate Damages appraisal expert testimony
- Property Tax Assessment Appeal Challenge
- IRS Estate Tax Filing 706, 709, 8283
- Foreclosure & REO real estate Bank Owned
- Estate Planning
- Probate & Wills involving Real Estate Appraisal
- Standards of Professional Practice
- Mortgage Fraud appraisal expert testimony
- Real Estate Fraud appraisal expert testimony
- Real Estate Research & Opinion Survey's
- Real Estate Construction Defects
- Fair Market Rent - Leasehold Analysis
- Trusts appraisal expert testimony
- Fractional Valuations (tenancy in common)
- Date of Death Valuation (forensic research & retrospective valuation)
- Estate Settlement Valuation for Divorce, Partnership, IRS Taxation issues etc.
- Accounting Matters - Balance Sheet Real Estate Asset Valuations
- Foreclosure Fraud (Professional Practice) appraisal expert testimony
- Condemnation and Eminent Domain appraisal expert testimony
- Deceptive Loan & Mortgage Practices
- Fulton County Real Estate Fraud appraisal expert testimony
- Cobb County Real Estate Fraud appraisal expert testimony
- DeKalb County Real Estate Fraud appraisal expert testimony
- Insurance Claims Loss Adjuster - Flood Appraiser Services
- Real Estate Damages
- Condominium Construction Claims
- Fire & flood damages Appraiser
- Landslide, Foundation, Soils and Geological Damage
- Fulton County Real Estate - Mortgage Fraud expert testimony
- Cobb County Real Estate - Mortgage Fraud expert testimony
- DeKalb County Real Estate - Mortgage Fraud expert testimony
- Fulton County Real Estate Expert Testimony
- Cobb County Real Estate Expert Testimony
- DeKalb County Real Estate Expert Testimony
Clients who have utilized our real estate expert witness services include, attorneys, testimony for mortgage fraud, loan fraud, SBA lending, wholesale secondary mortgage market, lenders, banks, construction loan finance entities, secondary mortgage warehousing market, REO Sales Departments, auction companies, alternative dispute resolution, fee arbitration panels, savings banks, corporations, estate tax entities, bankruptcy attorneys, insurance and financial institutions, legal and accounting firms and many other businesses. In many cases, our real estate appraisal consultants have produced independent supportable opinions of value that has allowed many clients to settle real estate disputes without going to court.